Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thrifty!


Again sorry for the bad quality, but I took this photo a couple weeks back. Its a very bright pink belt that I like to add to an outfit for a pop of color. I got it at the Goodwill in St. Paul (I know, who knew!?). I have no idea what brand it is but its great quality. Just one of the many great things I have found thrift shopping!

If your thinking about hitting a Goodwill/ Savers/Value Thrift in the future here are some things to think about

1. Make sure you set aside some time.
To find those really great things you need to dig and have patience.
2. Do a quality check
Sometimes garments are in those stores for a reason, sometimes its a tear or a stain so be sure to check before you buy.
3. Look at the tags!
Get familiar with good quality brands. I have stumbled upon some great blouses from J Crew and Karen Kane. These brands have longer wear life and are worth purchasing. 
4. If you don't love it, don't buy it
It can be easy to buy something just because it seems like a great deal. So buy it only if you gotta have it in your wardrobe, otherwise your purchases will sit in your closet and be a waste!





No comments:

Post a Comment

About